All You Need
All You Need:
- A Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone
- A Broadband Internet Connection (Cable, DSL, Wi-Fi)
- If you want additional live feedback, you’ll also need a free copy of Skype Video Chat software installed.
4 Easy Steps to live feedback:
Purchase your live Skype lesson. You will be guided through the checkout process.
- LOG IN:
After you pay, log in. You will see a “Book Now” button inside to schedule your live class. Clicking on the “Book Now” button will take you to the online appointment system (a separate website).
After you click the “Book Now” button, Create a free account to use the appointment system, which is hosted on a separate website.
- If you have already received your appointment system login information, then use that info to LOG IN.
- If you have NOT received your appointment system login information, CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT after clicking the “Book Now” button below. For your appointment system user id, we suggest using your first name, followed by a dot (period), followed by your last name. ie: doug.sinning This makes it easy to remember your user id. You can use whatever password you’d like.
- Fill out the form, and don’t forget to include your email address, phone number, and your SKYPE username, so that I can contact you on Skype at the time of your lesson.
After you log in or create your account, just follow the easy directions to book your lesson! All times are listed in Eastern Time (Florida time). Adjust for your time zone!
If you do not find a time that works for you, contact me, because other times can be arranged if absolutely necessary. After you schedule your appointment, you will receive an email confirmation! The system will also automatically send you email reminders and even SMS Text Message Reminders to your phone if you opt-in for them.
Do check your email, because we will send you information to ensure that you get the best results from your online instruction. Make sure you read these emails and take any additional steps necessary.
Install “SKYPE” from www.skype.com onto your computer or tablet for free video chatting. (Note: If on a mobile device, please log into a Wi-Fi connection to save your data plan!)
That’s it! Easy!
How Fast Can I Learn?
Ah! The multi-million dollar question!
The answer to that question is: It depends!
- How fast do you learn as an individual?
- How long is your course? (They vary in length.)
- How much do you practice?
- How much do you participate in my online workshops, recitals and events?
- What level of professionalism are you striving for?
The list goes on and on. I will always strive to take you as far as you are willing to go in music, but there are too many factors for anyone to answer that question truthfully. It all just depends!
LeadSheet Video Newsletter, The
I would like to invite you to receive my free MyMusicExpert.com instructional video newsletter. Monthly emails containing videos with educational music tips, free lessons, & notifications about online events! I also send holiday cards, special audition notifications, & other special offers to our customers who opt-in to receive my video newsletter.
I hate spam as much as you do! I will never sell, share, or rent your personal info to any third party.
Instructional Newsletter Archives – See Past Issues!
Policy – Nondiscrimination
MyMusicExpert.com prohibits discrimination or harassment with respect to the training and education of students, as well as the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or veteran status.
Policy – Operational
- PAYMENT: Subscriptions are required to gain access to all online courses, paid in advance. Payment for live Skype lessons must be paid in advance of booking the lesson.
- MISSED LIVE LESSONS: Any missed live Skype lesson WITHOUT a prior 24-hour cancellation notice will be charged to the student, without a refund.
- CANCELLED LIVE LESSONS: For all missed live Skype lessons in which a 24-hour advance notice WAS given, a courtesy make-up lesson will be offered according to the instructor’s availability. Floating make up lessons cannot be used as any part of a “regular payment” for a subscription. They are to be used as extra lessons scheduled during the week in addition to the student’s regular monthly payment.
- TARDINESS: All lessons will start on the hour or half-hour and end on the same. Tardiness will be at the student’s expense.
- METHOD BOOKS: All method books are available to order from MyMusicExpert.com on the Materials Page via Affiliate Links.
- OTHER MATERIALS: Any equipment or supplies, i.e.: webcam, laptop, blank CD-Rs, cassettes, sheet music, karaoke backing tracks, etc will be the responsibility of the student. Affiliate Links will be provided for these items online whenever possible.
- GUARANTEE: I offer a 100% satisfaction money back guarantee that you’ll love my online courses & live lessons. If you don’t love them, just ask for a refund within the first 2 weeks, and I’ll give you your money back! After 2 weeks, there are no refunds at any time, for any reason.
- REFER A FRIEND: Refer a new student that signs up for an on-going course subscription & you will receive a free ½ hour lesson or $20 cash, your choice! Ask for business cards from me, so you can pass them out regularly! There is no limit on referrals! Don’t forget to use your Email, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter to refer me to your friends! Make sure they mention your name in the field provided when signing up! To receive an email reminder every 10-12 weeks, send me an email or live chat me and request you be put on the “Refer a Friend” reminder list. (Affiliate Partner Referral System coming soon!)
Policy – Privacy
General Online Privacy: We will not share your private information with any 3rd party company or person, unless required by law, period. We will occasionally post updates via our social media feeds using only your first name and first letter of your last name when you first begin lessons, or hit milestones in your education. We may also re-share media that you have publicly shared on Facebook, YouTube, etc with our own social media feeds, as we are proud of our students, and enjoy helping promote them.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mymusicexpert
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/mymusicexpert
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dougsinning
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/mymusicexpert
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/mymusicexpert-com
- “The LeadSheet” MyMusicExpert Video Newsletter:
Coming Soon: 2015 – Receive all of the 2015 Video newsletters via email, one at a time once a week, until you have them all. Note: Not all months have a newsletter.
Sep 2013 through Jan 2015 – Pre-video newsletter archives – View online as a webpage. These newsletters are text with a few embedded videos. Note: Not all months have a newsletter.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mymusicexpert
- Vine: https://vine.co/u/972920485367181312
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/mymusicexpert
Where our students are located in the world on a Google Map
Drag the Map around to see the pins! Click the PLUS sign to Zoom In, and the MINUS sign to Zoom Out.
Teaching Online Works
Hi, I’m Doug Sinning. I’m the founder and owner of MyMusicExpert.com.
Still have doubts about online lessons?I’m willing to meet with you online face to face (or on the phone) for FREE, so that we can meet, chat, and address any concerns you may still have about our instructors, the use of our website or the free software, or how this all just works!?!
One of my own goals is to make sure that all our students and potential students are comfortable with using the technology as much as they are comfortable with their instructor.
Just click the pop up chat interface in the bottom right corner (under the cloud) to start chatting now! If we are not available, use the same interface to send us an email, and include your Skype username (and/or your phone number) and several times that you are free to chat in the next 3 days. I will email you back to confirm an appointment date and time.
I look forward to speaking with you.Doug Sinning
Berklee College of Music Alumni www.berklee.edu
What Software Do I Need?
1. Live Skype Lessons
For live Skype lessons, you just need a computer connected to a broadband internet connection with the FREE www.Skype.com live video chat software installed. The computer, tablet, or smartphone that you use, should also have a webcam and mic. Most webcams now come with a built in mic as well.
2. COMING SOON! — Feedback Pre-recorded Courses
For pre-recorded courses, you can use a computer, tablet, or smartphone, with a web browser. You will also need the Skype software (as above), but instead you will use it to send video messages (like email) back and forth with your instructor for short bursts of video feedback.