All You Need
4 Easy Steps to live feedback:
Purchase your live lesson. You will be guided through the checkout process.
- LOG IN:
After you pay, log in. You will see a “Book Now” button inside to schedule your live class. Clicking on the “Book Now” button will take you to the online appointment system (a separate website).
After you click the “Book Now” button, Create a free account to use the appointment system, which is hosted on a separate website.
- If you have already received your appointment system login information, then use that info to LOG IN.
- If you have NOT received your appointment system login information, CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT after clicking the “Book Now” button below. For your appointment system user id, we suggest using your first name, followed by a dot (period), followed by your last name. ie: doug.sinning This makes it easy to remember your user id. You can use whatever password you’d like.
- Fill out the form, and don’t forget to include your email address, phone number, and your ZOOM info, so that I can contact you on ZOOM at the time of your lesson.
After you log in or create your account, just follow the easy directions to book your lesson! All times are listed in Eastern Time (Florida time). Adjust for your time zone!
If you do not find a time that works for you, contact me, because other times can be arranged if absolutely necessary. After you schedule your appointment, you will receive an email confirmation! The system will also automatically send you email reminders and even SMS Text Message Reminders to your phone if you opt-in for them.
Do check your email, because we will send you information to ensure that you get the best results from your online instruction. Make sure you read these emails and take any additional steps necessary.
Install “ZOOM” from https://zoom.us onto your computer or tablet for free video chatting. (Note: If on a mobile device, please log into a Wi-Fi connection to save your data plan!)
That’s it! Easy!
How Fast Can I Learn?
Ah! The multi-million dollar question!
The answer to that question is: It depends!
- How fast do you learn as an individual?
- How long is your course? (They vary in length.)
- How much do you practice?
- How much do you participate in my online workshops, recitals and events?
- What level of professionalism are you striving for?
The list goes on and on. I will always strive to take you as far as you are willing to go in music, but there are too many factors for anyone to answer that question truthfully. It all just depends!
Policies – Acceptable Use, Nondiscrimination, Operational, Privacy, Terms & Conditions, Website Acceptable Use
When you use our site, there are a number of ways in which you provide information and other data to us. By using the site, you consent to us processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We may use your information to:
- send you our newsletters and videos from time to time.
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- notify you about changes to our service.
- occasionally post updates via our social media feeds using only your first name and the first letter of your last name when you first begin lessons or hit milestones in your education such as completing a course.
- re-share media that you have publicly shared on Facebook, YouTube, etc with our own social media feeds, as we are proud of our students, and enjoy helping promote them.
What: We will collect data such as: First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, Physical Address, Company name, Job title, Lead Source, Fax, Social Media links, completed forms, orders, credit card numbers, birthday, username, password, assistant/spouse name, anniversary, meeting date, meeting time, meeting link, youtube recording links, tags, and list of things you opt into.
How: The data we collect from you is only that which is willingly given to us. We do not use bots, spam, or torrent purchasing to collect data on you that you do not give us willingly.
Use: We will only use your data within our own company. We will NEVER sell your data or give it without your consent to another company or 3rd party. We use your data to email you things you’ve opted into or requested, to process purchases and/or credit card transactions, to send a newsletter and videos, for meeting reminders, or for call recordings. It is unlawful for any software, company, 3rd party, employee, contractor, or the like associated with MyMusicExpert.com or not, to use, process, or collect data from anyone on MyMusicExpert.com’s list without the express written consent of working on behalf of MyMusicExpert.com, or the express written consent of the Identifiable Natural Person. Passwords that may be generated after the purchase of a course or product are done so at random inside of Memberium and stored inside of Infusionsoft. Although the data is encrypted, secured, and will never be used or sold, it is not recommended that the Person use a password that they already have for another program/company/entity, especially one that is used for sensitive data.
Security: All of your personal data is saved inside of Infusionsoft. Infusionsoft as a Data Processor is compliant with GDPR. All of your data is encrypted on an Infuisonsoft Server and saved behind a password-protected login, the login of which MyMusicExpert.com has chosen to encrypt as well for additional security.
3rd Party/Data Processors: We use Infusionsoft as our CRM to house your data. We use Memberium and WordPress to grant access to courses. We use Gmail and Google Suite for our MyMusicExpert.com email correspondence. We use LearnDash in conjunction with Memberium. LearnDash will only keep a record of the course(s) that you have completed and any grades you received. We use MyFusionHelper to run actions that Infusionsoft does not do natively such as: adding your email address into a Facebook custom audience, adding or subtracting numbers from custom fields inside of Infusionsoft for the purpose of keeping track of credits or numbers. We use Appointment-Plus to create and manage appointments. Appointment-Plus will only ever access MyMusicExpert.com’s calendar and will only ever use your name, email, and phone number if you provide that information. We use Freshbooks to track billable time for our clients. Your data in Freshbooks is only the amount of your invoices if they’ve been paid or not, if the invoice(s) have been viewed by you, the date of invoice, the amount of collected time tracked, project name(s), first name, last name, and email address. We bill through Infusionsoft Payments via WePay or PayPal. Your credit card information could be subject to the GDPR compliance of WePay and PayPal as well.
Control: Everyone with data saved inside of any of MyMusicExpert.com’s apps, software, or 3rd party integrations has the right to view this data at any time.
Contact: Our GDPR Officer is Doug Sinning. You may contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights: You have the right to access the data we keep on your record. You have the right to object to marketing, data collection, and processing at any time. You have the right to complain. You have the right to be informed about how we process your data. You have the right to data portability. You have the right to compensation. You have the right to rectification. You have the right to be informed. You have the right to be forgotten. If you exercise the right to be forgotten, it may require you to surrender your ability to access lessons or courses you’ve purchased from MyMusicExpert.com. You have the right to automated decision-making. You have the right to restrict processing. You have the right to prove legal grounds for processing.
Please check this page regularly, as we may revise this acceptable use policy at any time. We may also change or update our acceptable use policy at any time by means of notices published anywhere on our site.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may be required to disclose your personal information to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries, and also to third parties in the following circumstances: –
- to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets;
- if we are required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organizations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right under the General Data Protection Act to access the information which we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to email@example.com. In order to meet our costs in responding, we will charge you a fee of £10.
Acceptable Use Policy
PROHIBITED USES OF OUR SITE
- any fraudulent activity;
- any activity which breaches any applicable law or regulation, whether national or international;
- any activity which may cause or result in harm to a child under 18 years of age;
- sending unsolicited advertising or other content (spam), or entering into any arrangement for such material to be sent;
- reproducing, selling or otherwise handling our site or its contents in breach of our terms of website use;
- knowingly introducing to our site, or transmit or attempt to transmit to any other site, computer or network, viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, code or program which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- attempting to gain unauthorized access to our site, our software, our server, or any server, computer or database connected to our site; or
- attacking our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
CONTRIBUTING AND INTERACTING
Our site may offer users the facilities to upload or contribute content or other material, or to interact with other users. When making use of these facilities, it is your responsibility to ensure that any contribution or interaction is, as far as you are aware, factually correct, represents your honest opinion, and does not breach any applicable law or regulation. In addition, any contribution or interaction must not include any material which (without limitation):-
- is defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- is, or refers to material which is, sexually explicit;
- promotes violence, illegal activity or any form of discrimination;
- infringes any other person’s copyright, database right or trademark;
- threatens, harasses, upsets, embarrasses, alarms or annoys any other person, or is likely to do so;
- advocates, promotes, or assists any illegal activity;
- is likely to deceive any person or is made in breach of a legal duty owed to a third party (such as a duty of confidence);
- invades another’s privacy or cause inconvenience or anxiety to any person;
- is used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
- gives the impression that the material emanates from us if this is not the case.
If we at any time use our site to provide users with an interactive service, the following moderation provisions will apply:-
- we will notify users if moderation is in place, and, if so, whether the moderation is provided by a person or is automated;
- if moderation is in place, we will give you a means to contact the moderator;
- although we will do our best to assess any risks which such interactive service may pose, we will be under no obligation to moderate it, and we expressly exclude any liability for any loss or damage to any person caused by use of it; and
- children should at all times be supervised when using the interactive services on our site, whether such services are moderated or not.
BREACHES OF THIS POLICY
Please check this page regularly, as we may revise this acceptable use policy at any time. We may also change or update our acceptable use policy at any time by means of notices published anywhere on our site.
MyMusicExpert.com prohibits discrimination or harassment with respect to the training and education of students, as well as the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or veteran status.
- PAYMENT: Subscriptions are required to gain access to all online courses, paid in advance. Payment for live Skype lessons must be paid in advance of booking the lesson.
- MISSED LIVE LESSONS: Any missed live Skype lesson WITHOUT a prior 24-hour cancellation notice will be charged to the student, without a refund.
- CANCELED LIVE LESSONS: For all missed live Skype lessons in which a 24-hour advance notice WAS given, a courtesy make-up lesson will be offered according to the instructor’s availability. Floating make-up lessons cannot be used as any part of a “regular payment” for a subscription. They are to be used as extra lessons scheduled during the week in addition to the student’s regular monthly payment.
- TARDINESS: All lessons will start on the hour or half-hour and end on the same. Tardiness will be at the student’s expense.
- METHOD BOOKS: All method books are available to order from MyMusicExpert.com on the Materials Page via Affiliate Links.
- OTHER MATERIALS: Any equipment or supplies, i.e.: webcam, laptop, blank CD-Rs, cassettes, sheet music, karaoke backing tracks, etc will be the responsibility of the student. Affiliate Links will be provided for these items online whenever possible.
- GUARANTEE: I offer a 100% satisfaction money back guarantee that you’ll love my online courses & live lessons. If you don’t love them, just ask for a refund within the first 2 weeks, and I’ll give you your money back! After 2 weeks, there are no refunds at any time, for any reason.
- REFER A FRIEND: Refer a new student that signs up for an on-going course subscription & you will receive a free ½ hour lesson or $20 cash, your choice! Ask for business cards from me, so you can pass them out regularly! There is no limit on referrals! Don’t forget to use your Email, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter to refer me to your friends! Make sure they mention your name in the field provided when signing up! To receive an email reminder every 10-12 weeks, send me an email or live-chat me and request you be put on the “Refer a Friend” reminder list. (Affiliate Partner Referral System coming soon!)
Website Acceptable Use
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access the website https://mymusicexpert.com (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
https://mymusicexpert.com is a site operated by MyMusicExpert.com, LLC. We are registered in the state of Florida at 1020 Butler Creek Ct, Oviedo, FL 32765.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- An issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Terms & Conditions
https://mymusicexpert.com is a site operated by Doug Sinning (“I” or “we” or “us”). Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without a license from us or our licensors. You may not reproduce in any format (including on another website) any part of our site (including content, images, designs, look and feel) without our prior written consent. If in our opinion, you are in breach of these provisions, your right to use our site will cease immediately and you must either return or destroy (as required by us) any copies of the materials you have made.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION AND LINKS
The contents of our site (including links to other sites and resources provided by third parties) are for information only, and we shall not be liable for any use of, or reliance on, such materials. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page only if you have first obtained our written consent and provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with our Acceptable Use Policy and must be owned by you. You must not link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the homepage. If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITE
When you upload material to our site or make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy. If you upload material in breach of our Acceptable Use Policy and we suffer loss as a result, you will reimburse us for such loss. Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose it to third parties. If any third party claims that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site violates their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy, we have the right to disclose your identity to them. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site. We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing any material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By failing to comply with this provision, you would commit a criminal offense and your right to use our site will cease immediately and we will report your actions to the relevant authorities.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it (whether by us or a third party), including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
Where our students are located in the world on a Google Map
Drag the Map around to see the pins! Click the PLUS sign to Zoom In, and the MINUS sign to Zoom Out.
Learning Online Works
One of my own goals is to make sure that all my students and potential students are comfortable with using the technology as much as they are comfortable with me, their instructor.
Just click the pop up chat interface in the bottom right corner (under the cloud) to start chatting now!
If I am not currently available, use the same interface to send me an email, and let me know if you’d like to chat on the phone or on ZOOM Video Chat (www.zoom.us) Zoom is like Skype, free, but better quality. In your message include your phone number or Zoom Contact Info and several times that you are free to chat in the next 3 days. I will email you back to confirm your appointment date and time.
I look forward to speaking with you!
Berklee College of Music Alumni (www.berklee.edu)
What Software Do I Need?
1. Live Video Chat Lessons
For live lessons, you just need a computer connected to a broadband internet connection with the Free Zoom live video chat software installed. Zoom is free like Skype, but better quality. The computer, tablet, or smartphone that you use, should also have a webcam and mic. Most webcams now come with a built-in mic as well.
2. Coming Soon! — Feedback Pre-recorded Video Courses
For pre-recorded courses, you can use a computer, tablet, or smartphone, with a web browser to take the video courses. Optionally, you will also need the Skype software (instead of Zoom as above), but instead, you will use it to send video messages (like email) back and forth with your instructor for short bursts of video feedback. Currently, only Skype does this, but I’ve been told that Zoom will have this as a new feature soon.